Dal is something very commonly heard the name in Indian kitchens. They are must to be added to Indian cuisine and it is very difficult to find any house in India where dal is not made on regular basis. Have you ever thought that why dal is added to your food daily? And they come in so many varieties that you can have each variety repeatedly for 10 days at least.
Well coming on the crux, pulses are added daily in the diet because of nutritional values they have. They include lots of health benefits in general and extremely rich source of proteins. Also, it is not like any specific dal is rich; every dal has its own nutritional value and this is why it is highly recommendable to add all the pulses in your diet and make it immensely healthy for you.
There are some that are richer than the other; just, for example, moong dal that is termed to be the healthiest among all and the moong dal price is too easily affordable. It has minimum calories and rich in iron. It does not have any side effects; in fact, you will enjoy it with some lemon touch in it.
Now let’s come on the 4 types of dals and their individual benefits.
- Bengal gram dal is one of the wealthiest sources of dietary proteins. It is also rich in trace minerals like copper, manganese etc. Consuming this dal keeps diabetes at distance. Isn’t it beneficial?
- Kabooli Dal is a special variety of pulses that helps to increase hemoglobin levels as it is rich in iron and folic acid. The one who is suffering from anemia is highly recommendable to have a bowl of this dal daily to make your blood increase.
- Toor Dal is one of the most popularly dals eaten in India. Also, the toor dal price is so affordable that everyone can add it to the meal. This dal has huge amounts of complex dietary fibers that help to equate bowel movements.
- Green Moong Dal basically uncommon in consumption but is an extremely rich source of calcium. They contain very less number of calories and this is why commonly taken as sprouts. This dal is also good for your bones. They are extremely rich in enzymes and have dietary fibers.
- Lobiya Dal or black-eyed peas are rich in proteins and rich in very important trace mineral zinc. There are very few vegan sources of zinc that is essential for men and yes for this lobiya is what they should have.
So still thinking to add dal in your food and I fact adding individual dal? Go for it now.